Many of our TrustedForm users are often surprised to find out that in addition to using it to reach out to prospects safely, they can also claim TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads certificates! By using TrustedForm, you can verify proof of opt-in and document consent for every lead that comes in through Facebook.
Because Facebook does not allow third-party scripts to be added to any Facebook property, the certificate that you will receive is a representation of what is seen by the user, as provided by Facebook at the time of the user’s interaction with your form. Use our instructions below to get started with TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads today!
First things first: We need to make sure you have all the prerequisites necessary to successfully use TrustedForm to claim Facebook Lead Ads certificates. These prerequisites include:
- You must have a LeadConduit and TrustedForm account to get started with TrustedForm for Facebook.
- All accounts need an active Facebook Page connected to LeadConduit; please visit Facebook: “Setting Up Facebook Lead Ads” to sign up to receive Facebook Lead Ads.
- TrustedForm for Facebook Certificates must be claimed by using LeadConduit’s TrustedForm Claim enhancement.
The TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificate
TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads issues a unique Certificate of Authenticity for Facebook Lead Ads for each lead generated on Facebook and submitted to LeadConduit for claim.
The certificate exposes the following information about the Facebook Lead:
- Facebook Lead ID
- A multi-page recreation of the Facebook ad, form, data collected, and consent language
- Lead Submitted Timestamp
- Facebook Page ID
- Facebook Form ID
- Facebook Ad Set
- Facebook Campaign
Sample TrustedForm Facebook Certificate (Ad)
Here is what a typical claim certificate looks like:
Sample TrustedForm Facebook Certificate (Form)
Here’s what a certificate for a form fill looks like:
Sample TrustedForm Facebook Certificate (Thank You Page)
Here’s what the “thank you for the form fill” page looks like:
Differences between TrustedForm Certificates and TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates
Facebook does not allow third-party scripts to be added to any Facebook property, so TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates do not contain the following fields:
- The URL of the page that hosts the offer form
- The URL of the framing page, if the form was framed
- The consumer’s public IP address
- The consumer’s browser version
- The consumer’s operating system
- A full snapshot of the HTML, images, CSS and other page assets of the offer form as seen by the consumer in the form of a video replay. The certificate does include a multi-page recreation of the Facebook version of the ad.
Additionally, TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads does not support masked certificates or the flagging of sensitive data fields.
Benefits of Claiming TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads Certificates
Making a claim gives you the following benefits:
- The ability to verify the authenticity of a certificate Capture and deliver all appended fields that come with the certificate
- The ability to store the certificate, including the appended fields and multi-page recreation, in the account
- Programmatic page scanning and fingerprinting
- Access to the share URL, allowing others to view your certificate. See the AP knowledge base article, “How do you share a TrustedForm certificate?“.
A Note for Existing TrustedForm Clients
If you are using an existing TrustedForm claim step in LeadConduit, please be aware that TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads does not support filtering with GeoIP data, masked certificates, or several other features of a standard web lead TrustedForm certificate. You can exempt TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads from this type of filtering by adding a nested rule, exempting the Facebook Lead Ads source.
Be sure to store the certificate URL in your CRM with your Lead Ads lead data so you can easily access it in the future!
If you have questions about how to get started with TrustedForm for Facebook Lead Ads, contact us today.